Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Media Day at the 2013 Chicago International Auto Show: New Range Rover vs. old Range Rover

       For a while I've been grappling with whether or not I liked the new Range Rover. Let me just simply say this: sometimes pictures alone cannot render justice. Sometimes it takes a real life experience to really make a decision. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well I think reality is worth a million! On that note, I've finally changed my attitude towards the new Range Rover. Previously, I disliked it alot, primarily due to the new headlamps and taillights. I thought they resembled that of the Ford Explorer - they do but at the same time they don't, if you can understand it those terms. So while I was attending the Chicago Auto Show, and during the time that I decided to explore my ambiguity of my feelings for the design language of the new Range Rover, I decided to just shoot a commentary video on the spot - live and direct. To describe this video, it's almost as if I'm in a studio, experimenting with ideas for a track. Here, I'm kind of like feeling out my likes and dislikes as the reality of the designs stand before me in real life - not to say I didn't also have prior likes and/or dislikes. Now, in addition to the video below, I will also be doing a follow-up blog showing a pictorial representation of what I am describing in the video, in regards to my admiration for the particular design "stories" being told on the Range Rovers.

Listen carefully, and watch the movement of my finger. 

/

Gebre Mesquitta

No comments:

Post a Comment